JAMES J. TEDESCHI
Lake Oswego, OR USA
(602) 741-6116 email@example.com
Professional Professional Software Developer with over 20 years experience in the computing industry and over 7 years
Summary experience developing Internet and Web based applications. Industry experience includes Financial Systems, Transportation Systems, Manufacturing Systems, Government Systems, Insurance Systems and Software Development Tools. Skills include full life cycle development, mentoring, lead programming, software architecture, data modeling, implementation, and business analysis.
Technical JAVA (JSPs, Servlets, Applets, Swing, JDBC, SOAP), J2EE, COBOL, Websphere, ORACLE, Microstrategy,
Recent Training Weblogic Server Administration, Oracle Policy Automation Java Development, Oracle ADF I & II, Liferay Portal Administration, Developing Effective Business Requirements, Veracode Web Security, Advanced DB2 Programming, Freeform SQL Essentials, Microstrategy (Reporting, Web SDK, Administrator, Data Warehousing, Architect, Project Design and Narrowcast Automation), Microsoft .Net Development, Microsoft Security Guidance, Advanced XML.
Jan 2015 to TEKsystems@U.S.Bank
Present PORTLAND, OR USA
CONSULTING SR JAVA DEVELOPER
• Development of risk rating system for bank operations. AngularJS, Java, Websphere, Struts2, Spring.
June 2013 to TEKsystems@Nike
Jan 2015 BEAVERTON, OR USA
CONSULTING SR JAVA DEVELOPER
• Admin/Portal development of Nike.net Sales 2.0 b2b portal - Java, AngularJS, Spring, Mongo, Agile, Continuous Delivery.
• Development and support of Oracle ATG Web Commerce package for Nike.com online store order capture system. Java, Spring, JSP, ATG, Oracle, Agile, International Language support, Global Payments/Paypal.
June 2010 to CNA National Warranty Corporation
May 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ USA
LEAD JAVA DEVELOPER
Development and support of Java based auto warranty claims and e-contracting systems.
• Technical architect and Java developer for Harley-Davidson Extended Service Plan web services.
• Technical architect and lead for internal and external web-based applications.
• Development and support of JAX-RPC, JAX-WS and JAX-RS web services.
• Liferay portal administrator and portlet developer.
• Web Security developer (Oracle Identity Manager, LDAP, Liferay, Qlikview, Oracle Coherence).
• Maintain Jdeveloper 10.1.2 web applications and web services redeveloping into 11g ADF.
January 2005 to Caremark Rx
May 2010 SCOTTSDALE, AZ USA
Development and support of pharmaceutical benefit management systems.
• Developed Physician Connectivity ePrescribing portal using Websphere and MQ Series to encapsulate various client setup tools from Recap Mainframe, Oracle data warehouse and Access databases into a common integrated portal.
• Maintained Prior Authorization Spring/Hibernate web application.
• Web development and support of iScribe ePrescribing product. Engaged in Drug Allergy, Prior Authorization, AIX Websphere Clustering, RxHub and SureScripts certification projects. Java/J2EE web application with JSP, EJBs, Struts, Spring, Ajax, Hibernate, SQL Server, Stored Procedures and JMS.
• Developer and administrator for RxNavigator enterprise Microstrategy reporting, Narrowcast automation and Medicare/CMS reporting. DB2/Oracle/SQLServer/ERwin. Microstrategy 8 J2EE Web customization.
• Analyst, technical architect and developer for DB2/AIX Rebates financial data mart with Java ETL (Oracle/UDB/DB2/SQL Server) and Microstrategy reporting. Data modeling using ERwin.
• Automation of reporting processes for Rebates applications across mainframe, unix and windows servers utilizing Microstrategy and IBM On-Demand reporting systems. AIX, Solaris, Z/OS, Windows.
• Analysis, design and development of mainframe CICS and AIX DB2/COBOL for claim processing applications.
• Unix shell scripting and PL/SQL for GDX rebates applications, maintained java-based Contract Management application on Websphere, converted Caremark batch rebates system from Microfocus to IBM Cobol on AIX.
January 2004 to DHL
January 2005 SCOTTSDALE, AZ USA
SR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Technical Lead responsible for development and support of global internet, us internet, worldwide intranets and web services. Project Management of outsourced development for various applications relative to global shipping and distribution. IIS/Weblogix/Informix transitioning to Websphere/DB2 environment. Java, J2EE, COBOL, VB, JSP, ASP, DB2, SAP.
June 2003 to United Health Group
January 2004 PHOENIX, AZ USA
SR WEB DEVELOPER
Responsible for web development and java architecture for edi/claims interface group, corporate internet and intranets. Java, Oracle, JSP, MacromediaMX, Win2K, Linux, AIX, Apache-Tomcat, EDI/Web Services.
September 1999 TEKsystems@California Analysis Centers Inc
to May 2003 SCOTTSDALE, AZ USA
SR TECHNICAL ARCHITECT / SYSTEMS INTEGRATOR
C.A.C.I develops systems for major Federal and State Government agencies. The Scottsdale branch focuses specifically on State Transportation Systems including Driver License, Title/Registration and International Registration Plan (IRP). Currently Team Lead for a five-person development team working on the Alabama IRP project since March 2002. Secondarily have worked on the South Carolina DMV (2 years), New Jersey IRP and Iowa IRP (1 year) projects. Duties include full life cycle development (architecture, design, mentoring, lead programming and project management.).
· Architect and developer of JSP/Servlet application (60+ JSPs) for State of Alabama International Registration Plan running under Websphere 4.0. Created Enterprise Access Beans which encapsulate calls to COBOL server programs.
· Mentored developers in use of IBM Visual Age Java and served as Java and PVCS repository manager.
· Used JDBC and ODBC to access DB2/UDB and ORACLE databases.
· Performed maintenance and provided enhancements to State of Iowa IRP system consisting of 70+ Java Swing Applets using Java 1.4 Plug-in and Servlets running under Websphere which invoke Mainframe programs via ECI using CICS JAVA Gateway.
· Worked with Official Payments.com to develop interface for Credit Card Processing of New Jersey Web Registration Renewals.
· Business Analyst for South Carolina DMV Accident, Insurance and Financial Responsibility divisions. Hosted JAD sessions, interfaced with users, collected requirements, created functional specification documents, created database models in both ERWin and ORACLE Designer 2000. Designed and developed client/server application using Visual Basic 6.0 and ORACLE 8i. Created and maintained Oracle 8i databases.
August 1998 to American Express International Optima
September 1999 PHOENIX, AZ USA
SR SYSTEMS INTEGRATOR
Development and support of internal services and external interfaces of Worldwide Credit Card processing system servicing 18 location-specific credit card vendors.
· Supported external interfaces (C++, JAVA, Unix Scripts, Flat-files) to core IMS DB/DC system from 18 different counties.
· Created SAS programs and used STROBE tool for analysis of operations performance statistics.
· Provided recommendations for database and transaction processing performance improvements.
· Provided code modifications for changes to financial calculations and billing processes.
March 1994 to ReGenisys Corporation
August 1998 SCOTTSDALE, AZ USA
LEAD SOFTWARE ARCHITECT
ReGenisys Corporation was an industry leader in software reengineering and business rule extraction technology. The ReGenisys toolset was primarily UNIX based and utilized various languages such as Prolog, C, Perl and Visual Basic to extract business rule logic from existing application source code. The resulting repository was used to generate hot-linked (HTML) specifications and populate ERWin models.
· Provided Business-Rule extraction services to various major corporations such as ITT Hartford Insurance, 21st Century Insurance, USAA Insurance and Pacific BELL.
· Developed CORBA wrappers in C++ and JAVA for invocation of distributed multi-platform application components.
· Designed and developed user interfaces to multi-component software reengineering tools using Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0, MS SQL Server, Visix Galaxy and Symantec Visual Cafe.
· Wrote generators to produce HTML documentation from software repositories.
· Wrote parser/generators to populate ERWin entity models from various legacy code sources. Converted legacy application code to SQL and ORACLE PL/SQL
May 1989 to Miles Burke Associates
February 1994 SCOTTSDALE, AZ USA
SOFTWARE ENGINEER / ORACLE DBA
Worked with a team of business analysts, database designers and developers to create client/server applications for manufacturing applications, particularly steel-mill scheduling and operations.
· DBA for ORACLE 7 on HP-UX and AIX
· Client/Server development in Visual Basic, C and SQL.
· Network Specialist (TCP/IP, FTP, DCE, ENCINA, Ethernet).
June 1985 to Transform Logic Corporation
April 1989 SCOTTSDALE, AZ USA
SOFTWARE SPECIALIST / PROJECT LEAD
May 1981 Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ USA
B.S. - Bachelor of Science, major Computer Information Systems